StickzPlace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
StickzPlace

An animation site. Pivot, easytoon, and flash are all welcome.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Basic Forum RulesBasic Forum Rules  

[PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stickzanimator
Admin
Admin
Stickzanimator

Male Number of posts : 232
Perfered animation program : Pivot 2.2.5
Favorite gaming system : Playstation 3
Registration date : 2008-10-09

[PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review Empty
PostSubject: [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review   [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Summary:
The game handles fairly well. Controls on vehicls can be a bit stiff, and trying to get the chopter to cooperate is a nightmare. Boats are decent and control best over all the vehicles. Damadge on vehicles is a bit odd seeing as a sniper can somehow damadge at chopter at times. The game's 'one weapon per class' rule is compensated for its other weapons that are unique to each class. Weapons are nice. Graphics are very nice. Controls are the best ive seen in a while. An unoticed but important part is a new feature that allows players to jump over object such as a fence without having to wait for a little thing that says "press x to jump over" or something. As you run, the charatcer performs the animation by itself.

Controrls:
Very nice controls, probobly the best ive seen in a while. Everything is easy to remember and even comes naturaly. If your not use to holding down L3 to run, that may hurt a bit at first. lol.

the destructable ANYTHING feature:
Really this disapointed me. Sure you can make holes in buildings wherever you feel like it, but the holes are pre-set. Whenever and object of the explosive property interacts with the wall, it first determins the wall's properties and the object's properties. (btw i could be wrong about all this, but it's my best asumption). A 40mm placed upon the assulter's weapon can destroy some thnigs differently than a supporter's triggered explosives. Depending on where the explosion takes place, all it does is take away the wall and replace it with the pre-set hole. It looks very unrealistic at times... Another thing is that no matter how baddly you destroy a building, some walls inside cannot be even scractched. Even wooden starids can stand on to explosives while a brick wall can be knocked down. It was very disapointing.

The vehicles:
Not many to choose from. Standard motor boat equipted with 2 weapons (not sure what type.) A light tank and a heavy tank. A combat jeep and an armmored core, both with basically the same deffense, weapons, and ally space. And 2 different chopters with a pilot and a gunman. The pilot also gets the main missles. There is also an artillery cannon which is very annoying if your being targeted, but fun if you have it. lol.

The classes:
Assult, Demolition, Recon, Specialty, and Support.

Assult- Basic automatic guns. All have 40mm attached as an alternate weapon. Good for destroying buildings. Has an injector that heals health (unlockable). And standard gernades.

Demolition- Shotguns and powerfull other weapons that im not familiar with. Standard gernades. Land mines (unlockable). Rocket launcher.

Recon- Sniper. Motion senors(unlockable)some binaculars you use to destroy vehicles with. Basic 9mm handguns.

Specialty- Personaly my favorite. Uzi type wepaons. C4 (unlockable). Basic gernades. Some gun you can use to lock on vehicles with.

Support- Light machine guns. Mortor strike (unlockable). Med kits for yourself and healing others (unlimited.) Power tool to fix damadged vehicles.

Thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
https://stickzplace.forumotion.com
Qii Xii
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Qii Xii

Male Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : Halo 3, Animation
Perfered animation program : EasyToons and Flash
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review   [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 2:59 am

Nice review! Could've used some video or pictures though...

bounce
Back to top Go down
http://gamerchiefs.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=133dba4d7970f6e59fc9
Stickzanimator
Admin
Admin
Stickzanimator

Male Number of posts : 232
Perfered animation program : Pivot 2.2.5
Favorite gaming system : Playstation 3
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review   [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:13 am

Yes I guess it could... i'll keep that in mind for my review about guitar hero 4 in a few days. I pre-ordered. :3
Back to top Go down
https://stickzplace.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review   [PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PS3] Battlefield - Bad Company Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StickzPlace :: Game Lab :: Gaming Cafe :: Review Paper-
Jump to: